The masterpiece that is Minecraft Pocket Edition will be getting its biggest update to date with version 0.9.0 due to release soon.
Among the first new features to be added will be unlimited worlds. Unlimited worlds mean that you won’t have that tiny little space to mess around in in your Minecraft PE game, but you will get to run aimlessly in one direction forever or at least until your battery dies. This new feature already has me excited as I found my main concern for the current version of Minecraft PE was that the worlds generated were small, but not anymore kiddos!
Version 0.9.0 will also be adding in countless new world generation features which I have listed at the bottom of this post. The game will also be updating and adding in new biomes to explore and destroy along with updated cave systems and new AIs.
This only scratches the surface of all the wonderful goodies coming to us in version 0.9.0, but if you want to see all the changes, I have listed them below for your convenience and if you still haven’t gotten Minecraft PE, you can head to the App Store and Play Store and pick up your copy for only $6.99.
– Unlimited worlds.
– New culling algorithm.
– New culling of clouds.
– Tile entities are saved differently.
– New falling mechanics for gravel and sand.
– New insta ticking of water and lava.
– New world feature generation.
– New world generation features:
Mega jungle tree
Mega pine tree
– New and updated biomes:
Lava at the bottom of caves
Caves in desert and mesa
– Abandoned mine shafts.
– Flat world generation.
– Limited world generation.
– “New” mob spawning.
– Updated light generation.
– Grass color for different biomes.
– Foliage color for different biomes.
– Water color for swamps.
– New blocks:
Huge mushroom blocks
End portal frame
More stairs/slabs for new wood types
New log types (savanna tree and dark oak)
New leafs (savanna tree)
– New leveldb based saving format.
– New entity handling.
– New crafting screen.
– Remade network code (mostly the same packages but new system).
– New interact button (to make the game easier for new players).
– New mobs:
– New AI:
– New leaf rendering.
– Added more spawn eggs in creative.
– Added immersive mode for Android.
– Added drip particles for water and lava.
– Updated create world screen.
– Correct name for stairs, slabs and spawn eggs.
– Beds no longer gives full health in normal difficulty.
– Smooth lighting added for:
– Smooth lighting removed for:
Jack ‘o’ lanterns
– Improved performance of TNT.
– Prettier clouds.
– The fog is darker underground.